March 04, 2007

I know, I know...

It's only been four weeks, I know it's too soon to be expecting my pre-baby body to have made a reappearance. But...

Oh, I hate this! NOTHING fits, not one thing that I own, not even my pajamas. Everything is either falling off me from maternity wear or ranges from "just a little" to "OHMYGOD" too tight. My skin is doing a repeat performance of the lovely cystic acne on my jawline that I had after Anna was born. And my hair... yikes, my hair. Never thought I'd say this, but it's way too long. It gets in everything, there is constantly spit-up in it and the ends are fried for about two inches up. My skin is itchy and flaky all over from the dryness and hormones and not having the time or energy to shave or moisturize. Oh, and my cuticles have given up the ghost and are now just bloody hangnails waiting to catch on my the next thing I touch.

I just feel like a blobby, scaly, yucky, chubby housewife of disaster. I can't even get dressed in the morning without crying because there is literally NOTHING I can put on that makes me look even a little bit nice.

And I have a wedding to go to next weekend. A formal wedding.

I know, I know. Give it more time. My husband says I look wonderful, my daughter told me this morning that I was "sooooooo beautiful". Logically, I know it's going to take awhile before I get back to being comfortable in my own skin.

Emotionally? Please. Pass the kleenex, hide the mirror.

No comments: