January 11, 2009

New year, new horror

Just underneath my jawline, I have a small freckle which, from time to time, sprouts a thick, wiry, black hair. I don't know about you, but this invasion triggers a very visceral response in me. Ewwwww.

Please believe, I do not disclose this fact lightly. Even considering everything else I've shared here, it is harder for me to admit to one errant whisker than to all the other stuff I've shared. (You know, like my practically perfect parenting and general cheery disposition. Spoonful of sugar and all that.) Still, I feel that it provides some unique insight into my, admittedly skewed, point of view. Cuz that's been missing up 'til now, right? Moving on.

At the first sign of this vicious weed, I make a beeline to my tweezers for immediate pruning- no mercy! Today, however... I discovered there are worse things than having facial hair.

Like having GREY facial hair.

What is wrong with the universe, I ask you? It's not bad enough to be a young woman growing a beard, now it's a grey beard, too? Seriously?! I have had ENOUGH- you hear me, oh fathomless cosmos? Cut a girl some slack already!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh no oh no! Your very brave to share. We all have things that make us shudder. Good luck keeping it under control!

Lisa said...

Sorry Meg, my dark humor and wild imagination are having a riot with the grey beard imagery...which, hey, could be a pirate name.

Lea said...

Okay, I will admit that I have a couple of hairs growing on my chin since I was pregnant. I hate them! I guess I should be grateful they aren't gray!