July 23, 2010

Three is a magic number

In the words of the immortal Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."

Jack Stephen was born July 18th at 6:52 P.M. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and is absolutely gorgeous (if I do say so myself). I had the birth experience I wanted, but not at all the experience I thought I knew it would be. More on unmedicated childbirth later (once my postpartum amnesia takes a little stronger hold so I don't cringe whilst typing). But suffice to say that, as incredibly painful as it was, it was awesome, amazing and ultimately hugely satisfying.

And I'm very, very glad I won't be doing it again.

I love my boy, he's perfection. And now... back to napping, nursing and freaking out. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Best of luck! And BIG Congratulations!!!

Lea said...

I'm so happy that you had the birth experience you wanted. Hooray for delicious little babies! :)

Emily on the Southern Prairie said...

Yeeeeaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!